Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organise your very own event.
This free one-day event will provide anyone working with children and young people with an insight into some key issues in child and youth behaviour and wellbeing. Information presented will be drawn from educational policy, relevant legislation and current research in the field. The day will also provide plenty of opportunity for discussion and networking. Presentations include:
- Current Issues in Safeguarding Children and Young People: John Stead, Head of Safeguarding, NSPCC
- Well-being in childhood and adolescence: What do children and young people worry about? Nathalie Noret, Director of the Unit for Child and Youth Studies
Delegates will be signposted during the day to a host of relevant resources to help equip them in tackling some of the issues presented and discussed. There are also places available on bite-size CPD workshops, these workshop topics include:
● ‘You’re a poo poo head’: Tackling verbal bullying in children and young people
● Effective coaching for children and young people
● The Bullying Intervention Group: Tackling Bullying in schools
● Young Carers Workshop
● Cyberbullying: A review of current research and policy
● E-Safety: The risks associated with children’s use of technology
● Inclusion in PE: Promoting engagement in PE
● Managing Stress at work: Guidance for professionals working with children and young people
● Time Management: Guidance for professionals working with children and young people.
Visit The Unit for Child & Youth Studies website for more information about our CPD and Survey Service